12 Ways To Make Sure Your Keeping Your WordPress Site Secure
You’ve put a lot into your site, now you want to make sure that it’s secure. Here are some ways that you can make sure your site is protected.
- Keep your WordPress up to date.
- Delete any plugins you aren’t actively using
- Delete any themes you aren’t actively using
- Update your themes and plugins when new updates are available
- Only download plugins from well-known sources
- Don’t use ‘admin’ as your username
- Change your password often
- Make sure you are deleting spammy comments
- Choose a reliable host
- Back up your site- It’s suggested that you have two, one local and one off-site. This way, if something happens to your local backup you still have another one to rely on
- Move wp.config one step above your wp root directory.
- Download a security plugin. Examples- Akismet, Sucuri, iThemes Security.
Need help making sure your site is secure and backed up? contact me for help! I have WordPress Care Plans available to make sure that your site is kept secure and up to date.